Sunday, November 12, 2006

Let's go Aussie!

There's good and bad about the start of a summer Ashes series in the greatest land of all. The joy of thrashing the useless pommie cricket team is something every Aussie can enjoy, even the Sheila's that hate cricket. The bad is our country gets infested with pasty, unwashed, beer-bellied football hooligans who have a habit of turning bright pink the moment their skin makes contact with the great Australian outdoors. So the sooner we get the job done and send these whinging pommie bastards back to their freezing darkened cells the better as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get to the serious business of profiting from this non-contest:

The Barmy Army is here, and let's face it, you'd have to be pretty fucking mad to travel around the world to be embarassed by the greatest cricket team the world has ever seen. In fact, I will be treating anything less than a 5-0 series win over this shitty pommie side as a series loss. Take the 7s available on Betfair for the whitewashoftheunwashed and enjoy a 600% return on your investment at the end of the summer. (Get it while it lasts, the price wont last long!!!)

Unfortunately, most of the pommies have woken up and realised the result of this Ashes series is already a foregone conclusion. I've been backing the Baggy Greens from 1.55 down to 1.36 over the course of the last 6 months, now the best you can get is about 1.25. (25 cents for every dollar you stake) The best way to play the markets now is concentrate on the match betting, some pommie jokers actually believe us Aussies are a 1.56 shot to win the first test. Imagine if they win the toss, we'll probably be priced closer to evens. One thing I learned from the last series, those poms love throwing patriotic money at their crappy cricket team. So expect some generous prices on the Aussies when they take the odd wicket, or score a few runs.

Speaking of Betfair, those gutless pommies had me banned and removed from their community on the motherland site. Personally, I even believe most of the poms realise my banishment is a loss for everyone. I'll even go so far as to say most of the blokes on there are good sports and willingly engaged in the banter and mild sledging during the matches. The likes of "GrimReaper", "Blighty "and "chatname" who went running to the "forum police", good job... I hope you celebrated by taking a rare shower!

I don't really read the forum much anymore, but I see my legendary (and embarassing thread) "New market: can the poms avoid an innings defeat?" lives on. But you wont see my name up on the thread anymore, one of the site operators has apparently chosen to rename me "La Puta" (which means "The Whore" in Spanish). I'd say now is a good time to led my thread die a peaceful death, we all make mistakes, and let's face it most of the poms mothers did that giving birth to the losers who throw their money away betting on the pommie cricket team! So the legend of Anger Therapy has pretty much been killed now on the official site, but I'll be helping my followers profit from their Ashes series with live updates on here instead.

No comments: